Integrated Report 2023
Endless Quest to Forge New Paths
and Create New Value
Record-Breaking Earnings Functioning as a Springboard for Future Growth
We will exercise ingenuity while refining the functions and value that are unique to Sojitz to find new ways to improve corporate value as we march forward to our next stage.
Representative Director, President & CEO
Growth Strategies for Becoming a General Trading Company That Constantly Cultivates New Businesses and Human Capital
Medium-Term Management Plan 2023—“Start of the Next Decade,” which was launched in April 2021, has been positioned as our first step, the start of the next decade, toward accomplishing our vision for 2030 of becoming a general trading company that constantly cultivates new businesses and human capital. We are nearing the end of Medium-Term Management Plan 2023, the first step toward our vision for 2030. Accordingly, we would like to take a moment to review this plan with eyes to the next three-year period and to the future that lies beyond that.
VALUE CREATION STORY
Pursuit of “New way, New value” in Vietnam
In this country, we have continued to create new businesses for fulfilling the mission of a general trading company—to deliver goods and services where necessary—while accommodating the growth stage of this country at any given time. Moreover, by creating such businesses, we have provided venues through which people can succeed.
In this feature, we present the story of our ongoing growth through our pursuit of “New way, New value” in Vietnam, which has seen Sojitz continue to transform while fulfilling its mission.
VALUE CREATION STRATEGY
Here, readers will find information on the financial and non-financial aspects of our Companywide strategies for creating value as well as on the corporate governance systems that support these strategies.
Constant Commitment to Value Creation
Greetings, my name is Makoto Shibuya and I assumed the position of CFO of Sojitz in April 2023. Sojitz is engaged in an ongoing dialogue with the market through which it has sought to convey its history of value creation, together with specific examples of value creation efforts. We hope that you will find this dialogue compelling and use it to shape your evaluation of the Company.
Managing Executive Officer, CFO
from Outside Directors
In this section, outside directors offer, from their unique perspectives, their opinions regarding Sojitz’s financial and non-financial initiatives and the challenges and their hopes for the next medium-term management plan.
Roundtable Discussion Between Outside Directors
Norio Otsuka, Haruko Kokue, Tsuyoshi Kameoka
Messages from the Outside Directors
Naoko Saiki, Ungyong Shu
Massage from the CDO, CIO
Creation of a Prosperous and Sustainable Future
through Digital Technologies
Concerted Effort to Accelerate Transformation and Value Creation through Digital Transformation
Managing Executive Officer
STRATEGY BY DIVISION
This section contains explanations of the strategies being implemented by business divisions to create value along with examples of specific value creation initiatives.
Integrated Report 2023
- Integrated Report 2023 (for viewing) [PDF：43.7 MB]
*This file is an interactive PDF and can be navigated by clicking on the main menu, sub-menu, icons, and URL.
- Integrated Report 2023 (for printing) [PDF：47.2 MB]
- INTRODUCTION [PDF：3.53 MB]
- DIRECTION [PDF：2.95 MB]
- CEO Message
- Growth Strategies for Becoming a General Trading Company That Constantly Cultivates New Businesses and Human Capital
- VALUE CREATION STORY [PDF：13.6 MB]
- Sojitz’s Value Creation Process
- Examples of Value Creation:Pursuit of “New way, New value” in Vietnam
- VALUE CREATION STRATEGY [PDF：12.3 MB]
- Performance Highlights (Financial / Non-Financial)
- CFO Message
- Investment Policies for Creating Value
- Sojitz’s Unique Approach Toward Human Capital Management
- Digital Transformation for Accelerating Value Creation
- Corporate Governance Supporting Value Creation Strategy
- Roundtable Discussion Between Outside Directors
- Messages from Outside Directors
- Corporate Governance
- Risk Management
- Directors and Audit & Supervisory Board Members
- Executive Officers
- STRATEGY BY DIVISION [PDF：5.61 MB]
- At a Glance
- Automotive Division
- Aerospace & Transportation Project Division
- Infrastructure & Healthcare Division
- Metals, Mineral Resources & Recycling Division
- Chemicals Division
- Consumer Industry & Agriculture Business Division
- Retail & Consumer Service Division
- Major Subsidiaries and Affiliates
- DATA [PDF：905 KB]
- 11-Year Financial Summary
- Non-Financial Data / Country Risk Exposure (Consolidated)
- Organization Chart / Principal Operating Bases
- Corporate Data / Investor Information
- Investor Relations Activities