Sustainability Initiatives under Medium-term Management Plan 2023
Vision of Sojitz and Direction
Sojitz has stated that its vision for 2030 is to become a general trading company that continues to create business and develop capable people while increasing its corporate value by creating businesses and value (both business and human resource) that respond to market needs and social issues. Medium-term Management Plan 2023 marks the start of this effort.
At the core of this is our Sustainability Challenge, Sojitz’s long-term vision for 2050 that consists of decarbonization and respect for human rights within supply chains.
Sojitz aims to address each of the social issues listed in our Key Sustainability Issues (Materiality) on an ongoing basis.
Compliance with TCFD
Respect for Human Rights within Supply Chains
For details about other social issues
We have established the following areas of focus by aligning Sojitz’s strengths with current megatrends and market needs.
We are concentrating our resources (both human and financial) in these areas and implementing corporate reforms to tackle these issues systematically.
- ・SKK Migas approved Plan of Development for Ubadari Field and Vorwata CCUS at Tangguh LNG Project
- ・Sojitz and ASF Strengthen Capital Alliance to Promote Green EV Infrastructure Businesses
- ・Sojitz Begins Construction on one of the Largest-scale Solar Farms by Japanese companies in Australia
- ・Sojitz Invests in Ricult Inc., a U.S. Agritech Startup
- ・Royal Holdings and Sojitz Conclude Joint Venture Agreement to Establish a Local Subsidiary in Singapore through Joint Investment
- ・Sojitz Invests in Green Earth Institute to Begin Development and Commercialization of Non-Petroleum Based Green Chemicals Using Biomass
- ・Sojitz Invests in Singapore’s 2D Materials Pte. Ltd. to Enter the Graphene Industry