Sojitz Group consists of approximately 400 subsidiaries and affiliates located in Japan and throughout the world, developing wide-ranging general trading company operations in a multitude of countries and regions.
（As of March 31, 2022）
With automotive assembly and wholesale and retail sales as its core businesses, the Automotive Division develops its operations in growing markets, such as Asia and Latin America, as well as in mature markets, such as Japan and the United States. In addition, this division is actively enhancing its auto-financing business while developing automotive-related services that meet the needs of the changing times.
- ●Track record of auto sales spanning over 40 years
- ●More than 5,000 Group employees at over 30 Group companies
- ●Capabilities of investment execution and business development
Aerospace & Transportation Project Division
The Aerospace & Transportation Project Division develops aerospace industry businesses as a sales agent for commercial aircraft and defense systems and through its leasing, part-out, and business jet businesses. The division is also engaged in airport management, railroad, and other transportation infrastructure businesses as well as in-flight catering, freight car leasing, and other peripheral businesses. Meanwhile, this division’s marine vessels business handles multiple types of new and secondhand vessels.
- ●Experience in the aircraft sales business with more than 900 aircraft sold, accounting for the top market share in Japan
- ●Two railway operating foundations in North American market (MRO, railcar leasing)
- ●One-stop solutions encompassing everything from shipbuilding and marine transport to machinery and equipment
Infrastructure & Healthcare Division
By combining Sojitz’s unique functions and ideas, the Infrastructure & Healthcare Division provides new solutions to create value. Specific areas of operation include energy, telecommunications, urban infrastructure, and healthcare, where businesses are developed in response to global social issues, including the rising demand for infrastructure and healthcare due to economic growth in emerging countries, climate change, digitalization, and the diversification of values.
- ●Growth Capability 700% increase in power generation assets
- ●Business Development & Structuring Capability 200% increase in number of deals closed
- ●Expansion Capability Successful expansion into the medical and overseas telecommunication fields
Metals, Mineral Resources & Recycling Division
In addition to upstream investment and trading in metal resources and ferrous materials, the Metals, Mineral Resources & Recycling Division has made a full-scale entry into the circular economy field, which includes recycling businesses, and this division is working to create and promote new businesses that respond to social needs.
- ●Sole general trading company with expertise in coal mine operations
- ●Stable earnings from businesses such as those of steel-based general trading company Metal One and niobium producer Companhia Brasileira de Metalurgia e Mineração
- ●Ability to offer rare resources and develop new materials
The Chemicals Division conducts a wide variety of trading and businesses, ranging from basic chemicals, such as methanol, to functional materials focusing on plastic resins as well as inorganic chemicals like industrial salts and rare earths. We are also developing businesses in the environmental and life science fields to contribute to building a low-carbon, recycling-oriented society.
- ●Customer base of over 5,000 companies
- ●Wide variety of products and materials
- ●Ability to make proposals in response to the changing business environment
Consumer Industry & Agriculture Business Division
With the objectives of contributing to sustainable production and consumption, the Consumer Industry & Agriculture Business Division is developing operations in the fields of agribusiness, foodstuffs, animal feed, livestock, forest products, and regional economic development.
- ●Strong business foundation in Southeast Asia
- ●Top class in compound chemical fertilizers in three countries
- ●Participation in one of Japan’s largest biomass power plant projects
Retail & Consumer Service Division
The Retail & Consumer Service Division is focused on a diverse range of businesses that respond to consumer needs both in Japan and overseas. These businesses include food distribution, consumer goods distribution, aquaculture, shopping center management, and real estate. At the same time, this division is enhancing its retail digital transformation and marketing functions.
- ●Network and customer bases established over many years
- ●Shopping center management track record and consistent development of real estate business
- ●Top-class position in market for North American beef imports to Japan