Sojitz Group consists of approximately 400 subsidiaries and affiliates located in Japan and throughout the world, developing wide-ranging general trading company operations in a multitude of countries and regions.
（As of December 31, 2020）
Conducts automotive assembly, wholesale, and retail sales. We have operations in growing markets such as Asia, Russia & NIS, and Latin America as well as in mature markets such as Japan and the U.S. In addition, we are actively focusing our efforts on bolstering our auto-financing business and on building cutting edge automotive-related service businesses.
- ●A track record of auto sales spanning over 40 years
- ●More than 4,000 Group employees at over 30 Group companies
- ●Capabilities of investment execution & business development
Aerospace & Transportation Project Division
Manages aerospace industry businesses as a sales agent for commercial aircrafts and defense-related equipment and services, in addition to handling leasing, part-out, and business jets. In our transport infrastructure business, we are developing airport management and contributing to the railroad industry through rail construction and MRO business. Our marine vessels business handles multiple types of vessels, including new and secondhand vessels.
- ●Experience in the aircraft sales business with more than 900 aircraft sold, accounting for the top market share in Japan
- ●Received contracts for the construction of approximately 1,500km of railway track in India
- ●One-stop solutions encompassing everything from shipbuilding and marine transport to machinery and equipment
Infrastructure & Healthcare Division
By combining Sojitz’s unique functions and ideas, we are providing new solutions and creating value in business areas such as energy, telecommunications, urban infrastructure, and healthcare in response to social issues around the world, including the growing demand for infrastructure and healthcare due to economic growth in emerging countries, climate change, digitalization, and the diversification of values.
- ●Growth Capability ×7 power generation assets
- ●Business Development & Structuring Capability ×3 number of deals closed
- ●Expansion Capability Successful expansion into the medical and overseas telecommunication fields
Metals, Mineral Resources & Recycling Division
In addition to upstream investment and trading in metal resources and ferrous materials, we have made a full-scale entry into the Circular Economy field, including recycling, and are working to create and promote new businesses that respond to society’s needs.
- ●Sole general trading company with coal mine operations know-how
- ●Stable earnings from businesses such as Metal One, one of the world‘s largest steel-based general trading companies
- ●Venturing into new applications and businesses
Conducts a wide range of trading and business, from basic chemicals such as methanol, to functional materials focusing on plastics, as well as inorganic chemicals such as industrial salts and rare earths. We are also developing businesses in the environmental and life science fields to contribute to building a low-carbon, circular economy society.
- ●Customer base of over 5,000 companies
- ●Wide variety of products and materials
- ●Ability to make proposals in response to the changing business environment
Consumer Industry & Agriculture Business Division
Working on building sustainable business models in the fields of agribusiness, foodstuffs, marine products, animal feed, and forest products in order to contribute to food safety and security as well as comfortable living spaces, with the goal of achieving a higher quality of life for all.
- ●Strong business foundation in Southeast Asia
- ●Top class in compound chemical fertilizers in three countries
- ●Participating in one of Japan's largest biomass power plant projects
Retail & Consumer Service Division
Focused on a diverse range of business that can respond to consumer needs both in Japan and overseas. These include our food distribution, shopping center management, brand, consumer goods distribution, textile, and real estate businesses.
- ●A network and customer base established over many years
- ●Consistent development of real estate business and a track record in management of shopping centers
- ●Top market leader for North American beef imports in Japan