Sojitz Corporation thoroughly recognizes the importance of protecting personally identifying information (hereinafter called "Personal Information"). We believe properly dealing with Personal Information is an important social responsibility, and pledge to protect it based on the following policies:
1. Strict compliance with laws and other rules
We strictly comply with laws regarding the protection of Personal Information and other relevant laws and regulations, guidelines, industry-level standards, and internal rules.
2. Acquisition of Personal Information
We acquire Personal Information by legal and fair methods.
3. Use of Personal Information
We use Personal Information for purposes officially announced in advance, within the scope of the use described when acquiring the information, and only as necessary to conduct business. In case where we share Personal Information with a third party, or entrust a third party to deal with Personal Information, we take appropriate steps to ensure that they handle it properly and treat it confidentially, upon thoroughly researching the third party.
4. Provision of Personal Information to third parties
Except in case set out in the laws or regulations, we do not provide Personal Information to a third party, without obtaining the prior consent of the individual identified by Personal Information.
5. Protecting measures of Personal Information
- We strive to maintain the accuracy of Personal Information and conduct thorough daily reviews to ensure its safety.
- We take appropriate measures to prevent loss, destruction, alteration, and leakage of Personal Information, unauthorized access to Personal Information, and invasion of computer viruses. In case one of these problems occurs, we immediately take corrective actions.
- We do not disclose Personal Information by taking or transmitting it to the outside.
6. Disclosure, correction, halt of use, and elimination of Personal Information
We confirm that the individual identified by Personal Information has the right to claim disclosure, correction, halt of use, elimination, and so on, regarding Personal Information, and strive to appropriately and immediately respond to any such claims.
7. Organization and structure
We recognize that appropriate management of Personal Information is our mission to society. We assign a manager in every department to deal with Personal Information, and implement appropriate management of Personal Information. We offer training in protection of Personal Information and appropriate management methods, to all concerned people in company operations and business, such as executives, full-time employees, part-time employees, and contract employees.
8. Compliance program regarding protection of Personal Information