Barite Business [Major Business Activities]
Extraction, production, and sale of barite, a mineral that is gaining attention as a result of the shale gas revolution
CPC Sojitz Mineria, S. De R.L. De C.V., a barite producer in Mexico in which Sojitz has invested, began mining operations in 2013 and sales in 2014. The shale gas revolution has spurred increasing demand for barite, a mineral resource used as a weighting agent in oil and gas drilling fluids.
Through our barite business, we have begun expanding into drilling chemicals, which are related raw materials that are also used in oil and gas drilling. In particular, we will respond to the recent increase in concern about environmental and safety issues by focusing on development of environmentally friendly materials.
- Transportation Equipment
- Machinery and Machinery Components
- IT and Telecommunications
- Mineral Resources
- Chemicals and Chemical Resources
- Plastic Resins
- Agricultural and Food Products
- Pulp and Paper, Lumber, and Building Materials
- Construction / Real estate
- Consumer Goods and Textiles